App Note 322: Cell-based assay detects residual nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) in effluent of municipal wastewater treatment
It presents a roGFP-based method assesses cellular COX activity and hence, reports on the presence of NSAIDs (pain killers, anti-inflammatory drugs). The group tests wastewater for residual drugs for environmental risk-assessment.
What does the AppNote show?
· roGFP measured with LVF!
· Cell-based sensor to detect cyclo-oxygenase (COX) inhibition
· Dual excitation measurements with monochromator
· NSAID in wastewater was normalized to Diclofenac
· Use of injectors
For which customer is it important?
· Novel field: environment and risk assessment laboratory
· roGFP community (apparently, roGFP is best measured on CLARIOs and PHERAstars)